I hear, I see, I post: The Doctor is back

The Doctor is back





A ridiculously yet uncanny storyline revolving about WiFi and how an evil, sinister women is introducing lifestreams sucking and downloading the human soul in London (read the ugliest addition to the skyline- The Shard) to feed the Great Intelligence. At the end of the episode, he had been fed enough and it’s time for the evil sinister women (Miss Kizlet) to reduce. 

We have seen the story of Amy and Rory Pond as the first companions of the eleventh doctor, with their great on screen chemistry (although between Rory and Amy, it’s a tad awkward) but with Clara, I do admit I prefer the previous companions. Critics of Amy and Rory can be smug about Clara, who seemed relaxed in her role as the Doctor’s new companion. 

Doctor Who - Series 7B

The plot reveals about the Great Intelligence manipulating ordinary humans or as I call it, people of the streets into this ugly looking building as a HQ for downloading human soul for him. What is cool about this group of evil people is the tablet device which is capable of adjusting IQ, Paranoid and Confidence level of her workers.

A pun on the show, Doctor Who? Also provides comic relief to the show, although the question is better left for the 50th anniversary.

In all, as the plot thickens, I’m not expecting what I think I wish to see, since I have much more expectation for Steven Moffat works. But this episode is enough for Whovians, for now till next week. The plot can actually play out well, if not for the rush and slipshod editing (leaving much to be desired and the choice of background music?) I do love the concept though. I just can't wait to know how she becomes a Dalek and her story- of being a time lord. 


No comments:

Post a Comment