I hear, I see, I post: The Void deck is erm so (de)void

The Void deck is erm so (de)void


The void decks are named rather appropriately, since it functions as a void space. A space devoid of any emotion or attachments from the residence. A place which is where we trespass to reach our block. But did it ever have any other purpose in our daily life, with the exception as a place with the lift lobby and letter boxes. Sure, now for certain flats, there exist convenience stalls like 7-eleven or Cheers, but basically it is still so voided and empty. Like a white weeping soul, waiting in her prime to shine, to be of certain use to society. But, sadly we knew that would never happen.
However, come every now and then, the void deck will be full of colour. With the occasional block parties organised by the Residence Committees, or the place where residence vote for Lift Upgrading projects. The uses of the void deck is quite in a sense, limited. Limiting to only block parties, funerals or the occasional joyous wedding by the Malays. (I’ve still not a single idea why the Malays always organised their weddings there…is it a custom, where you must be married at the place where you stay?)
Between humans. Not just me and the pillars. But you and me, and I and them.

No comments:

Post a Comment