I hear, I see, I post: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore!!!

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore!!!

A simple SMS could actually lead me to procrastinate. Take me away from my novel (A Matter of Life and Death or How to Wean a Man Off Football). Asking me for the location of a ATM at Marina Square. Marina Square…a place where it is one of the best place to go. Food…fantastic food. From Seoul Gardens to Burger King, it is a foodie paradise, catering to all sorts of budget. Shop… tons of shops for clothes. And most important of all…MUJI.

It just occurred that I could be very well, a concierge. I could tell you how to walk from say Marina Bay Starbucks (there's 2 starbucks there btw) to Raffles City. And i wandered off, to ION Orchard (its ION Orchard, not Orchard ION). How to get from Wisma to ION Orchard. How to walk from Shaw to Paragon. Or if you want to have Asian Food, specifically Indonesian Food, there's Rice Table at Hereen. Just near Cedele.

I could list the shops around Orchard. We have Isetan (Wisma and Shaw House), Takashimaya (Ngee Ann), OG (Orchard Point), Metro (Paragon), Robinson (Centrepoint). I swear I'm not referring to any references and this just came out in 30 seconds. So if I'm at ION and I need the supermarket, I could just go to 4 floor (there's a supermarket) or I could just go Paragon (Cold Storage).

And I'm not some Singaporean who mixed Orchard Central with 313. But I sure am confuse between Newton MRT and Novena MRT. I wanted to go to Revenue House, and I went to Newton MRT. Exited, and where on Earth am I??? I'm like some confused people on Earth. 100% stupid and ignorant of this world-class transport. I think Singapore MRT is in a class beyond any. Because it is just so stupid. I can't get from District 19 to 21 directly via MRT. Or from District 19 to 18 just by a single MRT line. For those who did not know 18 or 19 I'm talking about, it is the property district. Dover is supposedly a seaside town at UK, but in Singapore, it is next to SP. Funny Singapore.

That's why Singapore is so funny. Pushing and shoving just for MRT seats. Queuing for 5 minutes for the escalators when you could just spend 1 minute climbing up the stairs. Funny lot.

Regarding to the book, I'm not a football Manic. Neither an addict. It's just because it's written by Ronni Ancona. It's a fun read, a light read. If one is bored and wants to read, but nothing too heavy and taxing like Nora Roberts, one could just head over to call number 306. There are tons of good read there. Some are like "Why we detest the Boil eggs" or something. There is one too, on the topic of Queuing. And in the UK, their daily life is a tad similar to that of Singapore. Not surprising, since Singapore used to be a colony of UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment