I hear, I see, I post: Ticket prices are getting cheaper

Ticket prices are getting cheaper

Basically, I've made up a minor resolution. And it is not only minor, but is stupid and ridicules. That resolution is to catch a play/musical/comedy at least once a month, in the year of 2011. Actually, it is a follow-up to another resolution for 2010, which is to catch the plays/opera/drama quarterly. Obviously, for 2010, the resolution failed horrendously, with me only catching 3 productions. An orchestra, YOG mock opening ceremony, Fried Rice Paradise and Crazy Christmas. Ok, so its 4. Summed up the average of a production quarterly. So technically, I did not fail my resolution.

For 2011, so far, so good. I need not deceive myself using the average thing. January, I watched Model Citizens. February, I watched the B-boys ballet thingy. March, I caught Ivan Heng's Emily of Emerald Hill. April, the tickets for the hit Hong Kong drama, Murder in San Jose had been bought. Another ticket had been bought too…and that's 881 the musical. May, planning to catch The Expat Wife - The Real Foreign Talent. Ticket price for that is $25(for student concession after Sistic fee) Oh, did I mentioned that the upcoming shows I bought are all STALL SEATS. June..there's the Singapore Arts Festival (but I think there's nothing much I'm interested in). well, hopefully there is something else in stall, like maybe Hope for the Hopeless, the musical. It seemed like I'm going to such places for the sake of ful-filling my resolution. But such musical and plays are so, erm…enjoyable. Model Citizens is nice, and how well could just 3 actresses hold it up, with minimal props and everything. (btw, of the 3 leads, 2 are nominated for Best Actress in the Life! Theatre Awards) catching a play or drama is so different from watching a movie. The B-boys is equally nice too, and absolutely worth every cent. Ivan Heng is quite nice too, with him being nominated as Best Actress. Ponder over it. I don't know about others, but I felt Emily of Emerald Hill is a tad dry. The interactions are relatively forced. But he is able to inject some humor into everything. The jokes are quite stale, but I still laugh at it.

881 the musical, a musical featuring Dennis Chew (is he going to sing?), Nat Ho, Sebastian Tan (from Broadway Beng) and also Judee Tan (she's the foreign co-respondent in The Noose). Woah…it seemed like a mega production!!! Hope it delivers well.

No comments:

Post a Comment