I hear, I see, I post: Orchard Rd

Orchard Rd

Been to Orchard Rd and it caught me by surprise today. Not the crowd, but the atmosphere. So, I travelled to HarbourFront to buy my new lens!!! 55mm is the way to go!!! Lol

So whats new at Orchard? Took a bus to Ngee Ann City first. There’s a huge Christmas Tree at the entrance and it looks magnificent. Nothing had changed exactly at Ngee Ann, not even the food establishment. Crystal Jade as usual having long queues. Domani is still there.

Then from there, walked over to Wisma. Do you still remember there’s a webcam over at the Ngee Ann to Wisma walkway??? That’s in the past. And still remembered fondly that I used to view the webcam from my house computer and called all my friends when I saw our form teacher there. Real epic. Because she would be there every Sunday afternoon with her boyfriend. I’m not kidding.

Stayed at Wisma. Took a sneak peak at TCC, and TCC is offering a 3 course dinner during the festive for $33 plus. Prices subject to changes depending on the type of main course you’re having. And from there, proceeded over to Starbucks.
Quite surprised that I managed to find an empty seat there. Because usually, its very crowded. Well, whatever. Ordered a Toffee Nut Frap. And a Potato Salad.

The potato salad tasted great. For the price of $5, it lived up to expectations. The potato is of a decent quality and the taste is so nice. The potato have purple skin, and the sauce used to marinate the potato is nice too. Will be back to try the salad again. It’s yummy-licious!!!!!! With some lemon and the taste of the vinegar. Toffee Nut Frap. The usual taste.
Potato Salad with mustard sauce


Toffee Nut Frap.

Walked over from Starbucks to 313@somerset. And to surprises…..

CHARLIE BROWN CAFÉ

Now, I’m not sure if anyone remembers. Charlie Brown used to have a café or sorts at Plaza Singapura. And the food is nice too (at plaza Singapura). Sad to say, the Charlie Brown café is no longer around till recently that I had found. Not quite sure how long its been around at their present location. But its outdoor seating. I’m going to try the food one day.

Another surprise…

Not sure if anyone know of a nice dessert shop at the ngong ping 100??? The “town” where you alight after taking the cable car from the mega mall. The dessert shop is franchised over to Singapore!!! Again, I’m not sure how long its been here at Singapore. So pardon me if I sounded like a fool.

Still remembered the taste of the black sesame I had there at HK. And compare to the taste at S’pore??? A vast different.



Black Sesame

I could taste that the sesame are roasted till fragrant, but somehow its too sweet for me. And a little diluted. The décor is the same as that in Hong kong. Enquired and the person from the shop stated that they had bought over the franchise over from Hong Kong or someplace. Cool. Currently they had another branch at Bugis too. Perhaps the taste is different at Bugis?


Black sesame(cold) cost $2.80

With that, I’ve had effectively wrapped up Orchard Rd, with the exception of Plaza Singapura the area.

I’m going to try the Prawn Noodle from Potong Pasir on Wednesday if there isn’t a hipcup.

A gentle reminder that on Wednesday, its “duan choick” so its time for dumplings/abolang/tang yuan. I recommend “er-gu tang shui” from Chinatown or “Ah Chew” at Bugis.

No comments:

Post a Comment