I hear, I see, I post: An unexpected slightly fun-filled day

An unexpected slightly fun-filled day

Thanks to Starhub, which disconnect my house from having any access from the internet, I had to leave my house. Yup, Starhub had paralyse me by not allowing any form of modern technology in my house. That includes the house phone, internet, television. Both free-to-air and cable channels. Thank you very much, Starhub. This made me realize how crippled am I when technology fails.

Took 156, with an intention to give Hui Ting a surprise. In the end, it’s a surprise, but its me. Not her. I was somewhere around the “T-intersection” near Singapore Polytechnic when I called her. No one picks up the phone.

So, I just continued my journey. Along the way, you can observe that NUS is constructing new buildings. Guild House, Hostel and a new hall. Makes me want to change my future plans. With the spanning new buildings. I might enroll in the year 2016/2017 and that’s when all the building are constructed. And the circle line and downtown line would be completed too. So accessible from my house. We shall see how the future pan out.

From a bus-stop, I hopped onto a bus. Wanting to spring Hui Ting a surprise. So on board the bus, I called her again. This time, Li Ting answered. I hate her and we literally had a fight once because one of them keep wanting me to shut up during our first gathering. I was like answering Yvonne question and Li Ting kept cutting us. And that was the last straw.

But that incident was ages ago. And we had somewhat cooled down. Li Ting just shouted loudly that Hui Ting was in her hostel and they were doing their projects and did not have the time to entertain me. Whatever.

And just then my sister called. So I met her for lunch at Clementi. Blk 442 or 441. The food centre. Ate the duck rice. One of the nicest. Ate the duck rice before and the chilli’s great. Not too spicy. And a tinge of sourness. Yummy!

And I just casually told me sister about KOI tea. And she treated me to one milk tea! But there’s a cache: I need to deliver the tea to her to her office. Whatever, since I get to enjoy free milk tea.

Regretted wanting to drink KOI milk tea. The first taste was sour…yucks!!! And the pearl is too sweet. And I ordered with 25% sugar. Never mind. Its free. Pearl is so sticky and yucky. Am not trying KOI anytime soon. Don’t understand what the fuss is all about. because of the long waiting time (waited for about 20 minutes) I managed to see how they prepared the drinks. They used the metal bottle to shake it. So, am trying to create my own version of milk tea.

After delivering the milk tea to my sister, went to Vivocity. As usual, I find Pacific Coffee as a place to chill for almost 2.5 hours. Asked them which drink is the nicest and the barista recommended the Mocha Espresso Chillichino. Nice. Nicer than the Starbucks drink. What to expect when Starbucks is for the penniless????

Met 2 friends and headed to Central(the HK-styled café). Overheard a young couple commenting that the prices are too expensive. Which I think its not too expensive. Are Singaporeans getting poorer?

Ordered something like Ice-Kachiang. With Durian and aloe velar. Not nice. Too sweet and everything.


KOI Milk Tea
Pacific Coffee Mocha Espresso-$7.50

Duck Rice-$3.00

No comments:

Post a Comment